Prezzo (Euston): The food was nice. The service was pants. 🙃
Got to have those meat free nights, right?
Well this dish needs no meat, it’s hearty and packs enough flavour to make you kick meat to the curb.
It’s just a matter of banging a load of veg in a pan, add some lentils and a dollop of curry paste and simmer for as long as you can (30 mins will do but longer will boost its taste)
Summer nights call for light scrumptious dishes and this meets the brief. This tomato and rocket flan throws fresh, vibrant flavours at you and treats you to a naughty pastry punch.
You can of course make your own pastry but in this case I didn’t…..hands slapped!
So all you need to do is:
- Put your pastry in your dish and blind bake for 10 minutes with baking beads, then bake for a further 5 minutes without the beads
- Whilst baking whisk 4 eggs with 150g chedder cheese, 150ml double cream, salt and pepper
- Also roast 250g cherry tomatoes in olive oil
- When ready, fill your pastry case with as much rocket as you desire, plus the cooked tomatoes
- Then fill the case with the egg mix and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden
- Serve with a simple side salad!
So This happened.
Brioche! Nutella! Mango! Chocolate Ice Cream!
Literally toasted Brioche, slathered in Nutella and then loaded with sliced Mango and Chocolate Ice Cream!
So yesterday, day 4, the eggs were ready to be removed from the salt and sugar curing mixture.
You need to carefully scoop them out, gently rinse off the remains salt and then dehydrate them in the oven for 2 hours at 50 degrees F.
Enjoy. I know I will 😊
Happy Wednesday foodie friends!!
If you need a little boost to get over this midweek hump, why not try this little tiddler of a dessert?
OK, it’s ridiculously simple and you would be forgiven for thinking…..boring, but give it a chance and I promise it will deliver!
All you need to do is:
- Place a couple of ladies fingers (sponge fingers) in the bottom of a glass.
- Layer on some pineapple pieces (tinned are fine) and even pour in a bit of the juice.
- Later with custard (homemade, tinned, low fat, full fat…its up to you!)
- Refrigerate until you ready to consume!
What do I do when I’m bored? Get in the kitchen! 😄
I pulled out an old weight watchers recipe book and decided on a beautiful summer dessert in homage to the glorious weather we are having here in Cheshire, U.K.
It’s slightly time consuming but really requires little effort….just some waiting. Once you have mixed the meringue you can take 60minutes for yourself (I watched some “4 in a bed”!) whilst you wait for it too cook and cool. Then it’s simply a matter of filling and rolling.
It’s a really versatile recipe too, I think next time I plan to make this for friends but I’m going to fall to the darks side and use cream and caramel! 😈
So after recently learning about cured eggs, and happening to have some spare yolks going today, I’ve decided to give it a go!
- Mix 250g of sugar and 250g salt
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl
- Lay the yolks gently on the mix
- Cover the yolks with the final 1/2 of the salt mix
- Wrap in cling film so it’s air tight and chill for 4 days.
Now the wait begins, I’ll let you know how it goes folks!