Happy Wednesday foodie friends!!
If you need a little boost to get over this midweek hump, why not try this little tiddler of a dessert?
OK, it’s ridiculously simple and you would be forgiven for thinking…..boring, but give it a chance and I promise it will deliver!
All you need to do is:
- Place a couple of ladies fingers (sponge fingers) in the bottom of a glass.
- Layer on some pineapple pieces (tinned are fine) and even pour in a bit of the juice.
- Later with custard (homemade, tinned, low fat, full fat…its up to you!)
- Refrigerate until you ready to consume!
It offers you a sweet little pudding with different textures and tastes which combined, compliment each other really well. It’s also quite light and makes for s nice little summer treat.
So after recently learning about cured eggs, and happening to have some spare yolks going today, I’ve decided to give it a go!
- Mix 250g of sugar and 250g salt
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl
- Lay the yolks gently on the mix
- Cover the yolks with the final 1/2 of the salt mix
- Wrap in cling film so it’s air tight and chill for 4 days.
Now the wait begins, I’ll let you know how it goes folks!
Fancy something naughty but not TOO naughty? Fancy something cheesy? Fancy something similar to a pizza but not a pizza? Well your luck is in! Try these…..
* This was my portion for 1!
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
- Spread a mixture of tomato purée and BBQ sauce on the toasted muffin
- Add ham and cheese and then grill
Easy peasy pizza squeezy!
Really fast to make….5 minutes tops!
These are actually not too bad on the fat and calorie count and as you can imagine, are open to your own interpretation. Next time I’ll be jazzing mine up with spice!
If you want an easy peasy little sweet to make, this is the one for you!
Simply do the following:
- Mix 250g cream cheese with 50g of peanut butter (or more if you fancy a stronger peanut taste) 2 tbsp powdered sugar and 50g chocolate chips.
- Spoon out the mixture and roll into bite size balls. Place these in the fridge to chill
- Melt 300g dark chocolate. When melted, cover the balls in chocolate. That’s it! But you can decorate them if you so desire…..I did.
They are quite decedent, very creamy and sweet. My top to you would be to make them slightly smaller tun your tempted to do.
Aww man, seriously…..how cute are these snack pots?
I’m not really supposed to be spending mulah at the moment but I saw these yesterday (in the sale too!) and I couldn’t resist. Last night, in a terribly uncool way, I had great fun filling them with today’s breakfast and lunch!
Overnight maple and toffee oats for after the gym, and for lunch, rye crisp breads with cream cheese, tomatoes and relish.
A healthy day ready for a somewhat naughty movie night tonight!
As a belated birthday treat I met a friend at the Gardeners cottage at Tatton Park, Knutsford.
We enjoyed a scrummy afternoon tea and a much needed catch up.
For the second time now we each had the Gardeners tea: £10 for a choice of two bloomers, cake/scone and tea/coffee. For the second time, neither of us finished it due to the portion size. This place really is great value and top notch quality.
If ever you are around the area you should treat yourself to to a visit, not only is it great value and tasty, but the surroundings are truly beautiful.
This cafe really is a quaint as the name suggests.
Situated in the court yard area in Tatton park, Knutsford (Cheshire, UK) this cafe is wonderful after a lovely romp round the grounds!
It has a cute outdoors area and despite being three floors in capacity, inside still feels cosy and eclectic.
Myself and my friend enjoyed the Gardeners afternoon tea which consisted of two tastes of sandwiches, a pot of tea of your choice and s cake or scone. It was greatly delicious and so large I couldn’t finish it. For £10 you could get better value.
The menu also features breakfast and lunch, a large tea selection and alcohol.
I would really recommend this cute cafe.
This week I have been enjoying these darling little breakfast pots, the idea is courtesy of a lovely Pinterest pinner!
Basically the core recipe is:
- Porridge oats
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yoghurt
Then you can mix up the flavours……………………A couple of my favourites to date is honey, blueberry and of course, peanut butter!
All you need to do is mix everything together, pop it in the fridge overnight and in the morning you have a creamy, tasty delight!
Healthy, easy, quick and delish!
I suppose the mason jar is optional but I think to cute not to do.