So after recently learning about cured eggs, and happening to have some spare yolks going today, I’ve decided to give it a go!
- Mix 250g of sugar and 250g salt
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl
- Lay the yolks gently on the mix
- Cover the yolks with the final 1/2 of the salt mix
- Wrap in cling film so it’s air tight and chill for 4 days.
Now the wait begins, I’ll let you know how it goes folks!
A really simple and fast dinner tonight folks…..Omelette!
Healthy, fresh, tasty and easy. What’s not to like?
This omelette is made up of 4 eggs, a sprinkling of mature chedder, a handful of kale and few green olives. Totally tasty, the salty olives against the string cheese make for an exciting twist!
Oh I love a good Sunday breakfast. It’s an opportunity to actually to take time and appreciate the food we eat, rather than a quick shoveled down snack before we run out of the house.
Today I had no plans and so I rummaged through the kitchen to see what I could utilize. I resulted with a spicy breakfast wrap!
- Scramble some eggs with butter, seasoning and chopped black olives
- Fill a tortilla wrap with the eggy mix and layer on some hot sauce and cheese (if you want a naughty twist)
- Grill the wrap to make it nice and crispy
See. Easy! Also delicious.