It’s a late post folks but fear not, we did not miss movie night this past week!
This time around I opted for a burger from the weight watchers book to try and keep a little healthy but I really couldn’t see the difference between this burger and many others I have made. This leads me to believe all burgers are healthy! ( I wish. As you can see I added chips too so really, there was nothing healthy about this)
Healthy or not, it was blooming good and it stirred the claim from Gav of “best home made burger to date”.
For anyone who has read my blog before you may have seen that mid week I have a Movie Night. For me, Movie Night is an excuse to stray away from healthy eating and to have a little splurge on the dark side!
Last night however, the meal wasn’t too unhealthy but it still felt naughty enough to be indulgent.
Chilli and home made nacho chips
This was a hodge podge recipe really, made up of things I had to hand.
- I fried some onion, Chilli and Tomato.
- Made a base using beef stock, chili powder and paprika and let this summer for 30 minutes
- Added the onion mix to the stock along with kidney beans, a dash of ketchup, bbq sauce, worstershire sauce and Quarn mince. I let this simmer for 40 minutes to infuse
- Boiled some rice
- Cut plain white wraps into triangles, coated in olive oil and Paprika and baked on 180 for 10 minutes
- Served! (With sour cream)
Firstly, this could have been made quicker but depth of flavor may not have been as strong.
Secondly, Quarn mince is great! Gav didn’t even know it wasn’t beef.
Third, these home made chips are amazing. Crisp, flavor full and lower cals/fat than bag bought.
A tasty night indeed!