No excuses here.
This is some high calorie, high taste, deep fried mother macaroni!
Take macaroni cheese. Roll it in a ball. Coat it in bread crumbs. Fry it.
Immense. Naughty. Tasty.
It was so good, despite the fat content I ate the left overs the next day……with a salad to ease my guilt.
Fancy something naughty but not TOO naughty? Fancy something cheesy? Fancy something similar to a pizza but not a pizza? Well your luck is in! Try these…..
* This was my portion for 1!
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
- Spread a mixture of tomato purée and BBQ sauce on the toasted muffin
- Add ham and cheese and then grill
Easy peasy pizza squeezy!
Really fast to make….5 minutes tops!
These are actually not too bad on the fat and calorie count and as you can imagine, are open to your own interpretation. Next time I’ll be jazzing mine up with spice!
Movie night food this week was AMAZING!
I made a chorizo pate and served it with some thick crunchy bread and a sweet tangy beetroot relish.
The chorizo was definitely the star of the dish and it was super simple to prepare, simply whiz all of the following together and chill:
- Cream cheese
- Tomato purée
It was thick, creamy and meaty! Nom city.
But be warned fellow foodies, these are calorific making them only allowable as a special treat! I enjoyed these on movie night….my naughty night ☺️
They are a creamy, cheesy, crispy contender for gold!
- Bake 2 chicken breast in an oven at 180 (wrapped in foil to keep it moist)
- When cooked, shred the chicken
- Mix the shredded chicken with 250g Chilli soft cheese, 100g grated monetary jack cheese, a drop of hot sauce (to suit your heat ability) and seasoning
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan
- Spread the chicken mix over a tortilla wrap and sandwich with a second wrap
- Fry until golden on both sides
We were extra naughty as you can see, we added onion rings!
Everyone who reads my blog will have seen that each week I have a movie night and typically the food that accompanies this night is naughty, comforting, tasty and did I say naughty?
This week we had this dip. It’s a really great, simple dish but packs a flavor punch that will leave you dazed and elated!
All you need to do is:
- Mix chopped jalapeño’s, one can of sweetcorn, one 250g tub of cream cheese, 200g of cheddar, 200g of monetary jack cheese, season and a tbsp of paprika
- Place in the oven (200) for 20 minutes or until hot and gloopy!
For the chips (semi homemade)
- Cut tortilla wraps into chip shapes, coat well in olive oil and paprika (this can be any spice really or just salt) and place in a single layer on a baking tray
- Bake at 180 for 5 minutes….watch them carefully as they burn quickly!
What you will then have is a bowl of spicy, cheesy amazingness and some sweet, crispy bites to transport the cheeseyness into your face!
Awesome guilt food at its best
Movie night came round again and last night we watched “what strangers do in the night” (great film) and had very stereotypical “movie” food.
I went with hotdogs, Chilli dogs to be exact. They are cheap, easy and fitting.
However the last couple of times I have had them I wasn’t keen and sadly last night affirmed these feelings of displeadment. Yuk! Not keen at all, hotdigs shall not be making an appearance in my kitchen for a while!
And erm yes, lambrini played its part! It’s a bit of a guilty pleasure! 😉
Me and Gav like to break up the working week with a naughty movie night. It’s really just an excuse to pick a movie, have a tipple and eat guilty food. Last night we watched The Babadook, it was not good, but the food was yummy and picked by Gav for a change.
We had grilled Gouda and mushroom sandwiches:
Courtesy of Pinterest!
A completely greasy, naughty dish but so indulging and delicious. However, today I can still feel the grease sitting on my stomach and so I think it will be a while before I revisit grilled cheese!!