I loved making this, it required a few hours but it’s beauty in taste and look, makes the effort worth it!
Broken down it compromises of Kirsh cream mouseline and strawberries sandwiched between to thin sponge cake layers with a marzipan top. That makes it sound easy….it was not 😊
I made this for our local Rose Queen Festival, hence the roses on the top!
Brilliant news guys, its Friday!
And because its Friday I thought I would treat my self to a little delight. I hopped along to Patisserie Valerie and delved right in. Yes they do a splendid looking selection of cakes but I am a real dairy fiend and so Ice cream was my weapon of choice.
I honestly can not tell you how disappointed I was. (It looks nice….It was not!)
The ice cream, both flavors (Pistachio and Rum Raisin) had this weird and unpleasant texture. I can only describe if as being filled with chewy (really chewy) and slightly fluffy bits, it was as though the ice cream may have developed a kind of crust and had then been mixed into itself. It certainly was not an ice cream with added bits, such as choc chip, it was very much like ice cream gone wrong and in my 30 years of ice cream eating, iv’e never experienced this.
What was far more annoying however is when we questioned the waitress about it she was clueless. When I said is it supposed to be like this? She answered “I don’t know, I don’t eat Ice Cream”….What?!?!?!?! Surely she has at some point eaten ice cream, or at least knows the basics of how ice cream should be! What a muppet. Terrible customer service, no offer of apology or even even the courtesy of checking on the issue. I will not be going back Patisserie Valerie (Chester).
But be warned fellow foodies, these are calorific making them only allowable as a special treat! I enjoyed these on movie night….my naughty night ☺️
They are a creamy, cheesy, crispy contender for gold!
- Bake 2 chicken breast in an oven at 180 (wrapped in foil to keep it moist)
- When cooked, shred the chicken
- Mix the shredded chicken with 250g Chilli soft cheese, 100g grated monetary jack cheese, a drop of hot sauce (to suit your heat ability) and seasoning
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan
- Spread the chicken mix over a tortilla wrap and sandwich with a second wrap
- Fry until golden on both sides
We were extra naughty as you can see, we added onion rings!
Everyone who reads my blog will have seen that each week I have a movie night and typically the food that accompanies this night is naughty, comforting, tasty and did I say naughty?
This week we had this dip. It’s a really great, simple dish but packs a flavor punch that will leave you dazed and elated!
All you need to do is:
- Mix chopped jalapeño’s, one can of sweetcorn, one 250g tub of cream cheese, 200g of cheddar, 200g of monetary jack cheese, season and a tbsp of paprika
- Place in the oven (200) for 20 minutes or until hot and gloopy!
For the chips (semi homemade)
- Cut tortilla wraps into chip shapes, coat well in olive oil and paprika (this can be any spice really or just salt) and place in a single layer on a baking tray
- Bake at 180 for 5 minutes….watch them carefully as they burn quickly!
What you will then have is a bowl of spicy, cheesy amazingness and some sweet, crispy bites to transport the cheeseyness into your face!
Awesome guilt food at its best