Summer nights call for light scrumptious dishes and this meets the brief. This tomato and rocket flan throws fresh, vibrant flavours at you and treats you to a naughty pastry punch.
You can of course make your own pastry but in this case I didn’t…..hands slapped!
So all you need to do is:
- Put your pastry in your dish and blind bake for 10 minutes with baking beads, then bake for a further 5 minutes without the beads
- Whilst baking whisk 4 eggs with 150g chedder cheese, 150ml double cream, salt and pepper
- Also roast 250g cherry tomatoes in olive oil
- When ready, fill your pastry case with as much rocket as you desire, plus the cooked tomatoes
- Then fill the case with the egg mix and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden
- Serve with a simple side salad!