Fancy something naughty but not TOO naughty? Fancy something cheesy? Fancy something similar to a pizza but not a pizza? Well your luck is in! Try these…..
* This was my portion for 1!
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
- Spread a mixture of tomato purée and BBQ sauce on the toasted muffin
- Add ham and cheese and then grill
Easy peasy pizza squeezy!
Really fast to make….5 minutes tops!
These are actually not too bad on the fat and calorie count and as you can imagine, are open to your own interpretation. Next time I’ll be jazzing mine up with spice!
Healthy and delicious midweek meals are not difficult when you put your mind to it.
This simple meal was completely satisfying on all levels. Tasty, filling, healthy, cheap and quick!
All you need to do is:
- Coat the chicken in yoghurt, tikka sauce And lemon juice, then leave to marinate for as much time as you have
- Chop up a salad of cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, red onion and drizzle with a little good quality olive oil
- Grill the marinated chicken for 5 minutes on each side
- Griddle wraps to accompany the dish
- Mix a little natural yoghurt with tikka sauce for a nice dip (spice it up with chilli sauce if you fancy!)
For anyone who has read my blog before you may have seen that mid week I have a Movie Night. For me, Movie Night is an excuse to stray away from healthy eating and to have a little splurge on the dark side!
Last night however, the meal wasn’t too unhealthy but it still felt naughty enough to be indulgent.
Chilli and home made nacho chips
This was a hodge podge recipe really, made up of things I had to hand.
- I fried some onion, Chilli and Tomato.
- Made a base using beef stock, chili powder and paprika and let this summer for 30 minutes
- Added the onion mix to the stock along with kidney beans, a dash of ketchup, bbq sauce, worstershire sauce and Quarn mince. I let this simmer for 40 minutes to infuse
- Boiled some rice
- Cut plain white wraps into triangles, coated in olive oil and Paprika and baked on 180 for 10 minutes
- Served! (With sour cream)
Firstly, this could have been made quicker but depth of flavor may not have been as strong.
Secondly, Quarn mince is great! Gav didn’t even know it wasn’t beef.
Third, these home made chips are amazing. Crisp, flavor full and lower cals/fat than bag bought.
A tasty night indeed!
I’ve had a mammoth day today and tonight my dinner needed to be healthy but comforting. I had no meal planned as such and so went with what available ingredients I had in the fridge.
The result was a chili Salmon fillet laid on a bed of crushed potatoes, a sprinkle of sweetcorn and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce (which Gav brought me from Utah!)
It was just what I needed. A seriously flavorful salmon, a sweet hot kick from the sauce and a slight essence of “stodge” to wrap me in the comfort I desired ☺️ Low cal, low fat to boot!!
It’s my first week back at work and I needed a lunch that was not only healthy, but that was tasty and comforting too. Something that would fill me and would stop me from reaching for any devilish calorie filled substance!!
I randomly picked this little vegetarian Indian number from the weight watchers around the world cook book (a very old one of mine indeed)
A great pick, just what I was after!
Warm, thick, full of spice but light and low in fat, a great little lunch.
Very easy to make, after the initial chopping it really just needed to be left alone on the heat which enabled me to sit back 😉
Give it ago.