Tonight’s dinner called for high protein (Minday night boot camp) with great taste (Just because Monday needs help to be good!) and so this tasty trout dish was on the menu.
Not only is it healthy and tasty but from start to finish it takes 25 minutes to prep and cook.
- Mix 20g butter with 1 crushed garlic cloves, 2 chopped shallots, 1 small bunch of chopped parsley and 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Score the skin of 2 trouts and rub the buttery mixture in
- Peel 2 bulbs of chicory and lay on two individual baking sheets, place the fish on top of the chicory and fold the parchment into a parcel. Cook the fish parcel for 15-20 minutes in the fm oven at 180
- Meanwhile boil some broccoli florets
- Fry 2 slices of streaky bacon in 5g butter. When nearly done, add 20g pistachio nuts
- If desired, cook 100g couscous and season with salt, pepper and ginger
- When it’s all cooked, serve and enjoy
If you are not overly familiar with Trout it’s a really delicate fish with a very light and fresh taste. It’s easy to over flavour but this dish offers a beautiful mix of bitter chicory, fresh fish and creamy nuts.