I always like to produce at one vegetarian dish each week, its good for our Eco system, my body and my purse!And generally, I like a good veggi dish but this was out of this world!
Its a Exotic butter bean and butternut squash stew and it offers sweet creamy tastes which are so good, I was actually disappointed to have finished.
Simply sweat a chopped onion in a large pan then add a tbsp of demarera sugar and the butter nut squash (I used spiralised squash). Then add a 400ml can of coconut milk, some chopped chili flakes and about 300ml of vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the butter beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
To serve, dish the stew up with some rice and lay on a sprinkling of chili flakes, coriander and pistachios.
Sweet, creamy and with a delicate heat smoldering in the back ground.
I have made Arancini before but this was something different, amazing!
Arancini can be a little time intensive and so to make it feel a little less time consuming I preped the sauce and rice first and when we were ready to eat, it was just a matter of frying the balls.
- Blend 6 ripe tomatoes and a Chilli and simmer the pulp in a sauce pan
- Add a vegetable stock pot, 3tbsp of tomato purée, 1tbsp worstershire sauce, sea song
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until a deep flavor has been reached.
- Soak dried porcini mushrooms for 15 minutes
- Finely chop the porcini, 1 onion, 1 large garlic clove and fry in 50g butter and 1tbsp olive oil
- When softened, add 200g arborio rice and coat in the buttery mixture
- Gradually add 750 ml vegetable stock, adding a ladle at a time until each ladle full has been absorbed
- Leave the rice to cool
- When cool mold the rice into satsuma sized balls and and hide a thumb sized piece of mozzarella in the middle, coat in flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs
- When ready fry for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with the sauce
The Arancini was mind blowing! It had a deep, rich, mushroomy flavor and was truly melt in the mouth. The breadcrumbs gave it a light crisp bight which mixed with the buttery rice created a perfect combination.
The sauce was thick and rich with just a hint of chili in the background.
I couldn’t have enjoyed this anymore….seriously try it!!!!
Gavin is massive Risotto lover and so I recently cooked this as a treat.
As you know a risotto takes time and attention but aside from that, it was a fair enough dish to cook.
It resulted in being creamy and earthy with a tart cheese tang. Rather pleased that I made enough to freeze!
Ive had this little gem saved on my Pinterest for an age now.
I came home tonight with no dinner planned and few ingredients to use but alas, I had a cauliflower. I think I bought it subliminally in order to make this recipe!
I have to say, I wanted to be naughty but I went for this and WOW I am so glad I did! What a truly delish dish. Granted, it may be better as a side, a snack or party nibbles but these salt and pepper florets are moorish xnd healthy. A winner!
Really simple, really quick, really cheap and really tasty. A veg that packs a punch and totally great served with a sweet chili sauce.