So yesterday, day 4, the eggs were ready to be removed from the salt and sugar curing mixture.
You need to carefully scoop them out, gently rinse off the remains salt and then dehydrate them in the oven for 2 hours at 50 degrees F.
Then that’s it, you have cured eggs! They can be stored for a month in an airtight container in the fridge.
Enjoy. I know I will 😊
So after recently learning about cured eggs, and happening to have some spare yolks going today, I’ve decided to give it a go!
- Mix 250g of sugar and 250g salt
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl
- Lay the yolks gently on the mix
- Cover the yolks with the final 1/2 of the salt mix
- Wrap in cling film so it’s air tight and chill for 4 days.
Now the wait begins, I’ll let you know how it goes folks!