Oh I love a good Sunday breakfast. It’s an opportunity to actually to take time and appreciate the food we eat, rather than a quick shoveled down snack before we run out of the house.
Today I had no plans and so I rummaged through the kitchen to see what I could utilize. I resulted with a spicy breakfast wrap!
It’s easy. Just:
- Scramble some eggs with butter, seasoning and chopped black olives
- Fill a tortilla wrap with the eggy mix and layer on some hot sauce and cheese (if you want a naughty twist)
- Grill the wrap to make it nice and crispy
See. Easy! Also delicious.
I raided the kitchen and whipped up this tasty, slightly naughty dinner last night. I’d treat myself to a tipple of wine and so didn’t want to be in the kitchen an age, but I was hungry and needed substance!
Breaded chicken wraps with rocket and sundried tomato salad
- Cut a chicken breast in to slices, coat in flour, egg and breadcrumbs (I mixed paprika in with my bread crumbs) then gently fry
- Fry onions and peppers
- Place the chicken, onions and peppers in your wraps and pop under the grill to toast
- Mix up your salad: I used rocket, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon and seasoning
Really easy. Relatively quick. A taste of slight guilt food for a Friday night!
Another YUMMLY recipe folks! (Come on, get the app)
I try and have fish at least once a week and I have had this recipe sat waiting to be used for an age, so this week I did it.
As you can imagine with a wrap, it was very easy and quick to make.
The prawns took a few minutes to cook but aside from that it was pretty much just popping all the ingredients in the wrap!
We had this with a side salad and overall, it was pretty nice.
The only negative was that my wraps felt a little thin (I like some chunk to my wraps!) and so next time, I think I would bulk up the ingredients.
Yep, my version didn’t look quite as good as this!